Android in Action 2nd ed., Frank Ableson, 2011
Programmers will like this book. It is well written, looks useful, and has lots of example Java code. 550 pages.
- What is Android? The big picture. Introducing Android
- Android’s development environment
- Exercising the Android SDK.
- User interfaces
- Intents and services
- Storing and retrieving data
- Networking and web services
- Notifications and alarms
- Graphics and animation
- Location, location, location
- Android applications.
- Putting Android to work in a field service application
- Building Android applications in C
- The maturing platform.
- Bluetooth and sensors
- Android web development
- Android native development kit.