Beautiful Architecture / edited by Diomidis Spinellis, O’Reilly, 2009
A collection of essays by leading software designers. Sections include systems architecture, enterprise application architecture, and user application architecture.
- What is architecture / by John Klein and David Weiss
- A tale of two systems: a modern-day software fable / by Pete Goodliffe
- Architecting for scale / by Jim Waldo
- Making memories / by Michael Nygard
- Resource-oriented architectures: being “in the web” / by Brian Sletten
- Data grows up: the architecture of the Facebook platform / by Dave Fetterman
- Xen and the beauty of virtualization / by Derek Murray and Keir Fraser
- Guardian: a fault-tolerant operating system environment / by Greg Lehey
- JPC: an X86 PC emulator in pure Java / by Rhys Newman and Christopher Dennis
- The strength of metacircular virtual machines: JIKES RVM / by Ian Rogers and Dave Grove
- GNU EMACS: creeping featurism is a strength / by Jim Blandy
- When the bazaar sets out to build cathedrals / by Till Adam and Mirko Boehm
- Software architecture: object-oriented versus functional / by Bertrand Meyer
- Reading the classics / by Panagiotis Louridas.