Capture Your Style: How to Transform Your Instagram Images and Build the Ultimate Platform
By Song, Aimee
Book – 2016
Photographer’s Guide to Drones
By Smith, Colin
Book – 2016
Have you seen the MakerSpace yet? Cool, you can use professional grade 3D printers, laser cutters, and 3D CAD workstations at the library!
- Laser cutter – Epilog Helix
- Laser cutter – Epilog mini – The laser cutters are great for engraving on a sheet of acrylic, or cutting a complex shape out of a sheet of plywood.
- ProJet 1500 3D Printers are typically used to create hobby objects, replacements for broken items and can be used for rapid prototyping. This is a resin printer, and must be operated by library staff. It creates a model with relatively precise proportions, in one off-white color only. The materials for a project can easily set you back $100.
- Makerbot 3D Printer – This is more of a hobby printer. It deposits melted PLA plastic to build up your model. Several colours of PLA are available, but the completed model has less precise proportions with rougher surfaces.
- David SLS-1 3D scanners are used to create digital versions of real life objects. The scanner works by rapidly firing patterns of structured light, and sensing the reflected light.
- Arduino micro-controllers are small yet powerful micro-controllers can be programmed to run anything from robots to household automated devices.
- Camera Tripod
- Le Mac Pro est une machine cylindrique, de qualité professionnelle, qui permet la manipulation et du montage de vidéo, d’audio et de graphique de…
- 3D design PC
- Orion Starblast 4.5 Reflector Telescope – it is a fully functioning telescope, designed with the beginning astronomer in mind.
- Green Screen is a tool for creating a special effect. By filming actors in front of a green screen, editors can superimpose the background image of…
- Home Studio Lighting Kit
- SONY ALPHA DSLR
- Sony Handycam
- Sony SAL55200/2 DT 55-200mm f/4-5.6 Lens
Software (open source and commercial)
- Blender is an artist-focused 3D design program. The software can be used to create 3D printed models, animated films, visual effects, visual art,…
- Gimp is a 2D graphics and photo manipulation program. As a graphics editor it is used to create and edit images for art, icons and graphical…
- Inkscape is a 2D model drawing application used for creating and editing scalable vector graphics (SVG). Use it to create professional vector art for…
- Makerware is a product that allows users to prepare and modify 3D models for printing on OPL’s Makerbot Replicator 5th Generation 3D printers. It’s…
- Meshlab is a 3D modelling and correction program used for processing and editing 3D triangular meshes. The software has the ability to import files…
- Netfabb is 3D modelling correction software. It handles 3D data for 3D printing and has the ability to repair incomplete files in order to make them…
- OpenSCAD is a program for creating solid 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) objects. OpenSCAD reads from instructions and creates a 3D model from it. It…
- Serif Drawplus is a 2D graphics program. You can see your drawings in 3D with its instant 3D tool. The software is suitable for creating documents,…
- Sketchup is an easy-to-use general purpose 3D design program. The software can be used in architecture, film video, game design, and civil and…
- Adobe Creative Suite 6 is a high-end digital editing suite. It includes software for special effects, photo editing, website design, and graphic…
- Adobe Premiere is a powerful digital editing suite most often used in video production. It allows users to edit video clips together, and to add…
There is a charge for materials, but equipment bookings are free and the library staff are knowledgeable.
First, you need to enroll in a one hour familiarization (‘certification’) session. Then you can design a 3D model on the workstations. The staff will look at your model and estimate the material costs. Payment is expected before you can use the 3D printer. Printing can take hours, and you are expected to complete it before closing time.
There is a bookshelf of Maker type books.
Visit the Centrepointe branch and see it all for yourself.
Canon EOS 70D
By Taylor, David
Book – 2015
Capture One Pro 8 : Mastering Raw Development, Image Processing, and Asset Management
By Erni, Sascha
Book – 2016
Complete Guide to Sony’s A6000 Camera (B&w Edition)
By Friedman, Gary L.
Book – 2014
Digital Photography Complete Course By Taylor, David, 1969 April 13-
Book – 2015
Photos for MAC and Ios The Missing Manual By Snider, Lesa Book – 2015
Canon EOS 7D Mark II for Dummies By Sahlin, Doug Book – 2015
Complete Digital Photography By Long, Ben Book – 2014