Kids who want to develop games using Torque3D will like this book. 350 pages, with DVD.
Creating your World – The Official Guide to Advanced Content Creation for Second Life, Aimee Weber, Wiley, 2008
Learn how to build avatars and script communities in Second World. 350 pages with CD.
Several user guides for the Solidworks 3D modeling app. Large format, all by David Planchard:
- SolidWorks 2010 Tutorial, David Planchard, SDC Publications 2010
- Engineering Graphics With Solidworks 2010,
- Drawing and Detailing With SolidWorks 2010,
- Engineering Design with SolidWorks 2010 and Multimedia CD A Step-by-step Project Based Approach Utilizing 3D Solid Modeling
- Assembly Modeling With Solidworks 2010
Essential ZBrush, Wayne Robson, Wordware, 2008
This is for digital sculptors who make game creatures/aliens. 700 pages.
ZBrush Digital Sculpting Human Anatomy, Scott Spencer, Wiley, 2010
This book is for the digital artist who is creating 3D humans or human-like creatures for games. 350 pages with CD.
Pixarpedia / by Barbara Bazaldua, Dorling Kindersley, 2009
This book will interest designers of 3D graphics, and contains pictures from all of Pixar’s recent movies. Unfortunately, there is nothing about the underlying technology. Oversize hardcover, 350 pages.
SolidWorks 2008 / Thierry Crespeau, Éditions ENI, 2008
A user guide for the Solidworks 3D modeling app, en Français, 550 pages.
Game Art Complete : all-in-one : learn Maya, 3ds Max, zBrush, and Photoshop winning techniques / edited by Andrew Gahan, Elsevier/Focal Press, 2009
A user manual for 3D model editing apps. 600 pages.