Dependency Injection : design patterns using Spring and Guice / Dhanji R. Prasanna, Manning, 2009
Java programmers will find this valuable. 300 pages, contents:
- – Dependency injection: what’s all the hype?
- – Time for injection
- – Investigating DI
- – Building modular applications
- – Scope: a fresh breath of state
- – More use cases in scoping
- – From birth to death: object lifecycle
- – Managing an object’s behavior
- – Best practices in code design
- – Integrating with third-party frameworks
- – Dependency injection in action!
appendix A – The Butterfly Container
appendix B – Smarty Pants for Adobe Flex
2016 Update: This book is still the only one in OPL with a decent discussion of Dependency Injection. After 7 years! Programmers using the AngularJS framework will want to understand this well, as will programmers of any mid to complex system.